Thursday, April 30, 2009

How to make Google smarter

Google ranks the web by popularity. Wouldn't it be great if we could rank the web by intelligence or other attributes? People's IQ is measured in tests, why not measure the content of websites similarly and then filter search results accordingly?

Google probably has the brains and resources to offer such service in the future. For example, if I do a keyword search for 'subprime market tips', I want to filter the display of my search results so that I get the websites with most intelligent content only and not those with the most popular content. I know it sounds nice but people might say it's not possible to do. Google succeeded as a search engine because it was smarter due to the accuracy of its searches. Why not add intelligence or other attributes in the display of its searches?

http://www.thinkaloo.com

No comments: