Monday, November 9, 2009

Tie back to its origins

Ties were originally used as napkins. They were not designed to serve as something nice to wear but had a function. I would like to have a tie that I can wear as a tie that comes with an extra layer I can use as a napkin. What you see in this photo is close to what I have in mind but not exactly. The photo shows a napkin with a tie painted on it. As you can see it has the shape of a napkin. I would like to have the opposite. A tie with the shape of a tie to also be used as a napkin. I know that with self-cleaning nano-fabrics we will soon be able to use any piece of cloth as a napkin, but a tie would be the most obvious one for me to use because the world associates it with formality, neatness and cleanliness and it's just too tempting to see people getting shocked when I wipe my mouth with it.

http://www.thinkaloo.com

No comments: