Monday, May 4, 2009

Swimimng pool thoughts

People these days post their thoughts from anywhere thanks to iphones and blackberries. This convenience is liberating because you can't make a date with your thoughts and expect that they stick to it. I know I do a lot of thinking when I swim and like to swim every day if I could. It's rhythmic, quiet and soothing. I think of it as meditating in water and most swimmers I know think the same. On my way to my regular swim yesterday I was thinking that the pool is one of those places where people can't post their thoughts as they come to them. In my view, many good thoughts are wasted because swimmers do a lot of thinking in the water but it's very hard to remember them after.

I could take the blackberry with me and have it by the side of the pool but I am always worried someone might accidentally step on it or drop it in the water. I know it's probably too much to have touch keypad waterproof screens on the side or at the end of each lap only for people to post their thoughts. But if the screens were mainly used to take measurements from lap times to heartbeats similar to what people get in a sport gyms from a running machine, it probably wouldn't be difficult to connect the device to the internet and allow people to post thoughts from within the pool as they take breaks.

http://www.thinkaloo.com

No comments: