Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A thought for shy people

I took the long road to work this morning. As I walked down the street with the sun warming my back and stretching that long shadow of mine ahead I caught myself churning thoughts for the people who never talk to each other for lack of confidence in their words. Strangers would pass by and as our shadows overlapped I was given the joy to observe their silent play. I began to imagine about a new world where shadows had a life of their own. How they would start talking to each other as I and the two very shy strangers next to me were now all walking side by side down the street. There was a lovely December chill in the morning air. Call me the incurably romantic on it but if it wasn't for their shadows 'kissing' into each other these total strangers would never have met. They would never exchange a word not even an innocent smile of introduction!

http://www.thinkaloo.com

No comments: