Sunday, July 26, 2009

Do you believe God exists?

I'm an agnostic when it comes to my atheist beliefs which means I don't believe God exists because I'm skeptical that it's possible for me to believe otherwise. The good thing is that I can be an atheist without being an agnostic in general, just skeptical and noncommittal only when it comes to my ability to believe that God exists. Because I believe what I believe in a situation where say I'm stuck in Hell with someone who's visiting from Heaven, I can honestly tell them 'Go to Hell' and mean it. If I believed God existed, I could only say 'Go back to Heaven' but I wouldn't be honest with myself as my true feelings would be 'Stay in Hell'. That's the trap people in Hell will fall into if they believe it's possible for Heaven to exist but not me.

http://www.thinkaloo.com

No comments: