Monday, May 11, 2009

Chopsticks

Does anyone else here feel annoyed about chopsticks that have to be manually separated? Why can't chopsticks already come separated in the little package? I have been told that I am obsessive about it. I know it bothers me to look at chopsticks unevenly separated at the top. Of course, it's almost impossible to manually split them evenly.

Good Asian restaurants serve plastic or other finer material chopsticks that are already separated and symmetrical. It's usually with the cheap wooden ones that come as a set and must be separated. Honestly, what's so difficult to sell them already separated? Any others in this world who feel this way about chopsticks?

I read somewhere that Chinese gov reinforces restaurants to use washable chopsticks. Lot of people buy those wooden one time use chopsticks something bad for the forests. I believe that is due to manufacturing reasons that it's easier not to split them in 2 pieces. Don't know exactly how it works.

I think the pizza knife might work in helping you split the chopsticks evenly. Just ask for one from the kitchen, it will also help illustrate your point about the chopsticks.

http://www.thinkaloo.com

No comments: