Sunday, September 27, 2009

Suitcase Airlines

If I can't afford to pay the full airfare why can't I just pay the luggage-overweight cost and fly baggage class? Or fly almost-free by spreading the extra overweight cost among a few other passengers who are flying under their maximum luggage limit. Obviously, I will pay each one of my flight's sponsors a small tip for sharing my weight and for letting me depend on their sharing my kilos again in another flight.

I wouldn't be an illegal immigrant because I'm paying a fully taxable lower-than-economy fare plus I get to show my passport and boarding pass at the check-in counter. Weight-loss companies can offer special deals to people who are overweight and thus keep the price competitive for people of all shapes and heft. So long as I am flexible and don't mind being suit-cased, why should airlines object to it?

Newly designed suitcases will be required to make the travel more comfortable. Suitcase manufacturers can use NASA's know-how in making all things compact and practical for people on long flights.

Instead of being asked "How many people are traveling today?" and then being asked "And how many suitcases will you be checking in, Sir?", the ground attendant can just ask the latter and check me in and through the airport in one go. That means I will be boarding the plane faster than First-Class passengers do. Not bad! :)

http://www.thinkaloo.com

No comments: