Saturday, July 25, 2009

Rain proof F1 tracks

Since I started watching F1 races with my boyfriend I always had this question and no one has yet to give me a convincing answer. Why can't the tracks be covered with roofs to make them rain proof? They can be made of glass or transparent plastic material to facilitate TV broadcasting from all angles and heights. It can help reduce accidents, allow the cars to run the fastest they can on dry surface and the races don't have to be suspended when the tracks are flooded with torrential rain. People tell me it's difficult to construct or the cost is too high. hey guys, to start with F1 is a multi-billion dollar industry and second what's so difficult engineering-wise about setting up a roof?? It's not building the Parthenon or the Pyramids. It must be something else. Can anyone here answer this?

http://www.thinkaloo.com

No comments: