Saturday, July 25, 2009

My office Is the airplane

No I'm not a pilot. I'm a writer and I always get my best thoughts and ideas when I'm flying. Something about being on air brings torrents of creativity in me. My imagination runs sweet and sour faster when I find myself traveling above cloud level. I really do work better when I'm flying. At the moment, I can't afford to travel as often as I would like but when my next best-seller surpasses the Da Vince code this is what I have in mind to do.

I'll start a new airline and I will call it Sky Author Airways. The fountain pen will be its logo. It will accept as its passengers authors journalists and writers who have published at least one book and want to use a flight as an office space. The decoration will be relaxed, something like a miniature of Google on air. There will be laptops with internet connection to use inside the plane. There will also be a printer and binder to print anything in book format that is downloaded online. This could work in partnership with a major publisher and retailer like Amazon.

There will also be a small library in the luggage compartment below which will be updated based on the passengers' preferences on each flight. Passengers will not be paying on a per travel basis but on a monthly basis. In other words the charge will be the same as renting office space. The only requirement will be that if the flight is booked on the day you want to fly you will have to take another route.

Of course passengers can use Sky Author Airways to combine it with their travel plans but the main goal of traveling with Sky Author is to use it as office space. Instead of working say 8 hours in an office you can take an 4 hour flight somewhere and come back by the end of the work day. Whoever is in the writing or creative business and in need of office space on air will be welcome to use Sky Author Airways!

http://www.thinkaloo.com

No comments: