Tuesday, July 7, 2009

LOVE DETECTOR TEST

How many people actually marry for genuine love and not for other reasons?
Imagine if everyone had to sit a love detector test, which, like a lie detector test, would be wired up to a machine and asked questions about their true intentions in marriage and find out whether their goals are conflicting. If one or both of the couple scores less than 80%, they have to then sit through mandatory couple counselling sessions to sort out their differences and work out whether each person has the ability to fulfill the other person's needs.

Some common examples of reasons people seek marriage other than love:
- Money/Lifestyle/Status
- "I want a baby!!!"
- "I'm getting old"
- "I can't do better so I'll have to settle for him/her"
- "I want someone to make me happy (because I don't know how to be happy otherwise!")
- All of the above

Then there's the most common one that many mistake for genuine love (the kind that makes for a long-term fulfilling marriage). This is the endorphin-charged "head in the clouds" in love feeling, which is just a temporary state. People who thrive on this buzz are the serial brides and grooms, who the moment they find this feeling, feel the desire to rush down the aisle of marriage.

http://www.thinkaloo.com

No comments: