Monday, April 6, 2009

Sextimates

When I log into Skype to talk to my girlfriend with whom we are in a long-distance relationship I see that another 12 million people are online and probably chatting or talking to each other. I read in an article yesterday that online communication has helped people maintain long-distance relationships more than in the past. So I always wonder, what percentage of the 12 million people talking for free on Skype are having phone sex? If the percentage is too high, I suggest we introduce a new verb in the English language to describe the activity: ' Phonycate'

On another note, do you think all 12 million Skype users (and probably millions more that use other software or normal phone) experience phonycation once at some point in their lives? What's your guess?

Being hypothetical in my thinking here. What if Skype added to your status the following options:

"Phonycating - Feel Free to Join", or
"Phonycating - Do Not Disturb".

How many people do you think would take advantage of the 'Feel Free to Join' option?

PS: If you vote for my poll below, be honest. I am hoping that if everyone votes honestly, I can get a pretty good sextimate about how many out of the 12 million people or so I see online on Skype phonycate. I tried to ask Skype but they gave some phony reason not to release the data, it was privacy I think...:D:D:D

www.thinkaloo.com

No comments: