Saturday, April 25, 2009

Does the Truth Syrup exist? What's the Truth?

Here's my worldview on this. I don't think it does because it would have driven Hollywood out of business. Imagine a world of action movies where there is no torture, no violence and no pain during interrogation. Can you imagine Kiefer Sutherland in 24 dressed in a kitchen apron preparing truth-syrup psychoactive cookies to be served with tea and coffee at CTU? It takes all the fun away.

The truth about a pain-free maple-sweet truth syrup is that it doesn't exist because it would lead to a wonderful world in real life and to a very boring one in the movies. To tell you the truth, the only syrup that exists is the Fake Syrup which forces honest people to lie all the time. It's real, fun and tastes better. I just had some this morning and as you can still read I have been enjoying my(honest)self lying around :)

So what's the truth about the syrup then? The best we can have so far is Lie To Me scientists that can get to the truth by detecting when you lie. No cookies, no syrup but no telling the truth either. Just a Tim Roth wireless lie detector that requires no torture, no violence and no physical pain during interrogation. Is that change we can believe in?

When I take a look at what's happening with the state of the world right now I find it hard to believe we can clean our mess without pain, violence or torture. It's not that I can't believe in the power of the truth syrup, it's just that when I do it's always after I had a few sips of the fake one. Wanna have some? :))

http://www.thinkaloo.com

No comments: