Monday, February 25, 2008

You got to rinse it first before you let it dry...

This thought was posted on Thinkaloo on 25 February 2008 by member bugglen

Visit www.thinkaloo.com, our new online community where you can share your thoughts and knowledge, discuss your ideas, ask questions and meet smart people

---

I'm referring to cleaning dishes by hand. The British have a belief I find very weird. They think that after they clean the dish with soap, they can let it dry on the rack without rinsing it first. They think it is ok. Personally, I think this is bad hygiene. If the soap/detergent dries on the plate, chances are that the chemical will find its way in your body next time you eat on that plate.

I used to have this argument countless times with my British roommates when I studied in England. While it is true that the plate is clean from the dirt, what they don't understand is that it is not safe if you don't rinse it! Do you think it is ok to let the soap dry on the plate?

No comments: