Monday, February 25, 2008

Stairs Ahead...Keep your hands Out of your pocket!!

This thought was posted on Thinkaloo on 24 February 2008 by member morphine

Visit www.thinkaloo.com, our new online community where you can share your thoughts and knowledge, discuss your ideas, ask questions and meet smart people

---

This is in tribute to a wise old man I met today. I was going down some steep stairs in a public place with my hands in the pocket. This old man was coming up and stopped me to tell me to get my hands out of my pockets. I said, why?

He said "Wise guys never place their hands in the pockets when going down the stairs. If you trip over you'll hit your face very hard. You'll have no time to use your hands to protect yourself. Take it as friendly advice from an old man young man!"

That was one of the best and smartest stair-walk advice ever given to me. For the old man to give me such advice I thought it must be because he probably tripped over himself in the past and fell down some stairs pretty badly. That past experience must have resulted into some kind of advice reflex for him!

The moment he saw me going down the stairs with my hands in my pockets, the memory of his fall prompted him to stop me and give me the advice.

Whatever it was, I think it was good advice worth mentioning here. Next time you go down the stairs and realize that your hands are in your pockets, think about the old man's advice!

What kind of advice do you think the old man would give to young people doing parkour training running down the stairs with the hands in their pockets?

Break a leg or break a head? :)

No comments: