Thursday, May 21, 2009

Special glasses for laptop use in plane

Some airlines (Delta, United, Virgin etc) are rushing to offer Wi-Fi internet connections in economy. Most people cite cramped space on the tray table as the major problem for laptop use in a flight but I think privacy is a more serious problem. Text chatting with my girlfriend or friends, I wouldn't want the guys sitting next to me reading what I write. We are all curious creatures by nature and easily tempted to read into everything that gets displayed on someone else's computer screen.

One way to solve the privacy issue is with special use glasses that the passenger puts on to watch what is displayed on the computer screen which stays turned off. I looked up online and found out that head mounted display glasses already exist. They connect to common video sources and are ideal for mobile entertainment and information applications.

I expect that as in-flight Wi-Fi becomes available and people take their laptops with them, there will be a big demand for use of such glasses to protect privacy. I think it's a smart investment to buy stocks of companies that make them.

http://thinkaloo.com

No comments: