Sunday, March 9, 2008

New York Ice-Age-Office-Training!

This thought was posted on Thinkaloo on 7 March 2008 by member jim

Visit www.thinkaloo.com, our new online community where you can share your thoughts and knowledge, discuss your ideas, ask questions and meet smart people

---

Referring to having the air-condition on during the hot summer months at a very low temperature. This is typical if you work in New York. When I did my training there, the air-con kept the office so cold that I was freezing to the point I had to have a blanket wrapped around me all the time. I was told a cold office keeps employees awake. Is that true? If true, this is crazy, sick and inhumane.

There is a difference between keeping cool and freezing to death. That difference should be no no more than 10 degrees Celsius but the New Yorkers seem to surpass any reasonable expectation of coolness! Or maybe this is how New Yorkers train for the coming Ice Age :)

Other than that New York is a great city!

No comments: