Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Passenger-phone interactive screens for subway ads

Japan is the country of long train commutes. I commute 2 hours every day to my work. The trains have print ads hanging on the walls and TV screens above the sliding doors that display animated ads. I watch them all the time when I'm not sitting down. I thought it would be interesting to make them interactive with passenger phones. Allow phones within a certain radius to be used as remote controls to send instructions to the TV screen.

The commercial could ask questions relevant to the product advertised and then collect and display the answers given by the passengers who will press buttons on their phones or send text messages. It can turn into a fun game. For people on long commutes it can add some excitement to the train ride.

http://thinkaloo.com

No comments: